For normal health people with sore throat may not need treatment but also easily overcome. But if the pregnant woman has a sore throat, how to safely take the medicine does not affect the baby.
Throat inflammation is mainly caused by virus, in some cases 20% is due to infection. The pregnant woman’s throat is quite common, but this is not a serious health change.
Signs to recognize pregnant women with sore throat
Pregnant women with strep throat often have very clear and recognizable signs. You can feel one or all of the following signs:
- Dry throat, pain, throat irritation
- May have a dry cough or productive cough
- Snot, sneeze
- Dry and painful nasal cavity, nose root
- The breath smells fishy, especially when you wake up
- May be difficult to swallow
However, when the condition becomes severe, the body will be exhausted.
The reason why the pregnant woman has sore throat
The pregnant woman needs to understand the cause of the sore throat from which soon to find the right treatment and appropriate treatment.
Some of the most common causes of pregnant women with sore throat are:
- Weather changes suddenly, the body does not adapt properly.
- Increased secretion of mucous membranes.
- During pregnancy, reduced resistance makes women suffer from bacterial diseases in the environment.
- Hormonal disorders make pregnant women more susceptible to disease.
- Pregnant people often increase metabolism, feeling hot, drinking too much ice or sitting in front of the fan for too long can cause sore throat for pregnant women.
Not all sore throats, but all diseases in general, if you find the exact causative factor, will help patients to treat more effectively and quickly. The pregnant woman should not because she was too anxious to buy drugs to treat sore throat and affect her health, not good for herself. If necessary, you can go to specialist doctors for timely advice and support.
Treatment for pregnant women with sore throat
For normal health people with sore throat is not a problem to worry about. However, for pregnant women, pharyngitis causes anxiety and discomfort for the pregnant woman, even affecting her personal life.
Some antibiotics do not harm pregnant women like amoxicillin and ampicillin, cephalexin, erythromycin. However, pregnant women with pharyngitis if necessary to use certain medications require the doctor’s appointment.
Pregnant women with sore throats need to pay attention to strengthening and improving the immune system through the addition of vitamins A and C. Supplementing B vitamins in animal milk and many other types of milk to help clear inflammation quickly.
Pregnant women with sore throat should rinse their mouths 2 to 3 times a day and reduce the feeling of sore throat.
In addition, pregnant women with sore throat can apply some folk methods such as lemon salt, honey, turmeric … to reduce the accompanying strep throat such as dry cough, headache.
- Dilute salt water
One of the easiest ways to cure sore throat for pregnant women is to rinse your mouth with salt water. Diluted saline is antiseptic, helping to reduce the amount of harmful bacteria that exist in the throat. Therefore, to cure pregnant sore throat just rinse mouth 2-3 times a day with warm salt water, diluted.
- Lemonade – honey
Lemon juice, when combined with honey, will create a delicious, medium-sized drink that is good for the sore throat of the pregnant mother. Honey works to help mild antiseptic and is often effective for mild cases of pharyngitis. Vitamin C in lemons enhances the body’s resistance to disease.
Turmeric is a benign and very healthy food, one of the uses of turmeric is to treat sore throats. For pregnant women with sore throats, just put a small scoop of turmeric in a glass of warm water (can add a little salt), drink once a day to bring the best results.
- Switches (kumquat) distilled sugar alum
Use 3 – 4 washes, cut thinly, remove seeds, put in a cup, add 2-3 tablets of alum sugar and steam or distill in water for 10-15 minutes. Cool and use gradually. Use about 2-3 times a day to treat cough, sore throat.
Note that pregnant women should not swallow immediately, but should hold on for about 5 seconds in the mouth, so that the whipping water slowly passes through the throat to help relieve sore throat, relieve irritation, tightness.
- Water with perilla leaves
Perilla is a natural medicine that helps prevent and treat colds and sore throat. Therefore, pregnant mothers with sore throat can crush perilla leaves to get water, drink regularly during the day.
Regardless of the treatment used to treat sore throats, pregnant mothers also need to prioritize the health of their mothers and babies to be safe. For peace of mind to treat pregnant women, you can go to a specialist for advice.
Methods for preventing sore throat for pregnant women
The pregnant woman has the ability to resist resistance from the environment and the weather. – This is a prerequisite risk factor leading to sore throat in pregnant women.
To prevent sore throat during pregnancy, women must perform well the body care.
- Keeping your body warm: Pregnant women should pay attention to dress in a way that is comfortable but still discreet so that the body does not get cold, especially when the weather changes.
- To reduce bacteria in the living environment, regularly clean the house, remove dust and disinfect the house.
- In the process of moving on the street or cleaning the house, the workplace, the pregnant woman uses a mask to make sure not to inhale dust and the surrounding bacteria.
- Avoid contact with people suffering from flu, rhinitis and sore throat
- Do not eat cold food and take a cold shower in the evening
- Avoid areas with a lot of tobacco smoke
- Do not eat too spicy, salty or hot foods
The above are treatments and prevent pregnant women from limiting sore throat. However, regardless of the use of drugs or folk tips to cure sore throats, pregnant mothers must strictly follow the instructions of the professional, not arbitrarily taking the drug without permission from the doctor.